Job Code 4221 1
Tax Term W2 Hourly1099
Career Level Mid Level
Experience 3 Years
US Work Status US Citizen
Job Duration 6 Months
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Excelraise, LLC is a rapidly growing full service IT solutions integrator and talent management company headquartered in Denver, CO. Our valued client*s includes fortune 500 companies, Government Agencies.
Currently we are looking for a qualified individual to work as a Mechanical Engineer with our direct client in Sunnyvale, CA.
***This is Onsite Work***
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical and metallurgical tests in accordance with internal and external specifications for products and processes.
- Preparation of test samples by sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing of specimens
- Hardness testing: Rockwell and Vickers
- Macro and micro photography
- Basic metallurgical testing; coating thickness, case depth, etc.
- Use of mechanical load frames to perform tensile, compression and shear testing
- Analyze, record and report results
- Set up, operate and clean laboratory equipment
- Assist Operations and Engineering on various non-standard test/inspections as required
- Test preparations for bonded assemblies
- Chemical lab testing: chemistry, viscosity, water content, etc.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of industry and military standards related to materials testing
- Foundational knowledge of mechanical tests such as, but not limited to, impact, tensile, compression, and shear testing
- Foundational knowledge of metallurgical tests including sample preparation for microstructural analyses and various test methods such as, but not limited to, microhardness, chemical composition, case depth and grain structure determination
- BS. in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering with applicable experience in a Metallurgical Test Lab.